Annualy, Murray State College invites international students from all over the world to attend our college anbd further their academic and athletic careers. Our goal is to help make the transition as smooth as possible and make our campus a home away from home.
An international student is not a United States citizen and does not have permanent resident status. More specifically, international students are those on F-1 visas.
Students who need an I-20 issued in order to obtain a Visa to enter the United States must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Admission.
- Verification of Financial Support. The MSC Financial Guarantee Form is available on the Registration webpage.
- An official TOEFL score report or other eligible documentation. On the TOEFL, a score of 500 or higher is required on the paper-based test, 173 or higher on the computer-based test, or 61 or higher on the internet-based test. Other testing options are iTEP Academic and PTE Academic. Please refer to the Admission of Students for whom English is a Second Language for more information.
- A high school transcript with graduation date or a document verifying completion of GED. Documents must be translated in English.
- If no previous college, National ACT or SAT scores if student is under 21 years of age. The test must have been taken within the last three years.
- ACCUPLACER test scores for students who did not score 19 or higher in the National ACT sub-score areas or who did not participate in the National ACT or SAT. The ACCUPLACER is a standardized assessment administered on campus or at MSC Ardmore. The test must have been taken within the last three years. Refer to the MSC Testing Centers for more information.
- Documentation of vaccinations against Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR).
- If applicable, an official transcript (translated in English) from every previous college attended. You are required by state law to indicate all the universities you attended on the application for admission and to submit official, translated transcripts from each university.
- Evaluation of college transcripts must be approved by an approved credential evaluation institution such as WES or ECE. Evaluations of transfer work from an international institution cannot be finalized until successful completion of at least 12 MSC credit hours. Refer to the Transfer and Prior Learning Assessment Policies for more information.
Please contact the Admission and Registrar’s Office for more information regarding admission for International students.