Americans with Disabilities Act
Murray State College works to make programs and facilities available to all students. The student may request services and ask questions by contacting one of the ADA Intake Specialists or the ADA Compliance Officer at the following locations. Please do not hesitate to contact us at either location if you have any questions.
For either location email: ADA@mscok.edu
MSC Tishomingo Testing Center
Located in Library Building room LS119 on Tishomingo Campus
Hours of operation: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or by appointment
MSC Ardmore Testing Center
Located in room 228 on Ardmore Campus
Hours of operation: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.or by appointment
ADA Compliance Officer
Our goal is to remove barriers that you may experience in your classes or on campus. Please complete as much of this registration form as possible. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 580-387-7304 (Tishomingo) 580-319-0371 (Ardmore) or firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage students to contact us to engage in a discussion to identify and remove barriers in their academic experience.
1. Contact the Disability Intake Specialist to make an appointment to discuss the barriers you have experienced and/or anticipate and/or complete the ADA Accommodation Intake Form
2. Work with the staff member to determine accommodations that will reduce or remove those barriers. The process for determining accommodations is a collaborative one that may or may not require third-party documentation.
3. Collaborate with your professor regarding your accommodations.
4. Complete requests each semester as discussed in the initial meeting.
6. Follow up with the Intake Specialist if there are any questions or concerns about the services.
Requesting Accommodations and Services
Each student should self-identify with the ADA Intake specialist at either location.
Please make arrangements as early as possible to ensure timely assistance after enrollment at MSC.
Keep in mind that on-campus housing requests 90 days' notice to determine necessary housing arrangements.
Students will need to touch base every semester and update accommodation requests.