MSC Speakers Bureau
Murray State College is pleased to offer a speakers bureau as a way to provide local nonprofit groups, civic organizations, schools and churches with interesting speakers and top-quality programs. The MSC Speakers Bureau is a public service provided at no charge.
Speakers are employees or retirees of Murray State College and come from departments and disciplines across the college. Speakers are available to discuss a wide variety of topics. Additional topics and/or speakers may also be requested on an individual basis.
To request a speaker for your organization, please contact Amy Caskey at 580-387-7101or firstname.lastname@example.org. At least two weeks’ notice is preferred, but all requests will be considered.
Departmental/Professional Expertise - Speakers also can discuss specialty areas related to their departments and professional expertise.
Speakers and Topics
Jayne Campanini, Program Director Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
- Aging in place: How to safely keep our aging families in their homes
- Sensory Strategies to assist with student focus for classroom and online learning
- Falls can be fatal: How to prevent falls while still being active
- How to help your child with handwriting and fine motor skills
- Mealtime should be fun! Feeding strategies for the picky eater
Rebecca Davis, English
- J.R.R Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion
- C.S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia
- George R.R. Martin, A Song of Ice and Fire
- Fantasy Literature
- Fairy Tales and Folklore
- FanFiction and Creative Writing as a Textual Reponse
Cole Hackett, Communication Coordinator
Social Media Policies and Privacy Settings, Crisis Communications, Public Speaking, Media Relations
Don Loving, Science
Oklahoma’s Environmental Riches: Why Oklahoma’s Wildlife Diversity is among the Richest of the states and is Known among Ecologists Worldwide.
We Dance When Sun Is in the Bear's Cave: Listen to some of the sky-watching tales of the Lakota Sioux and learn how those stories affected their daily lives.
Amy McCain, Education and Behavioral Sciences
Leadership, child development and children's issues, stress management, positive guidance and other topics on request.
Dr. Wendy Morton, Business
IRB Chair for Oklahoma Department of Human Services
- Leadership - specifically how public sector leaders can motivate, inspire, and engage employees
- Employee Engagement, Motivation, and Satisfaction
- Emotional Intelligence
- Qualitative Research/IRB Process
- Public Administration
- The Cliff Effect and Social Safety Net Programs
Dr. Rebecca Jacobs-Pollez, History
Medieval Women and Education: Have we come a long way, baby? Medieval European History: Fun and educational tidbits about an often misunderstood period.
The Renaissance: Interesting info on this period - but how enlightened were they?
Ancient Roman History: A fascinating glimpse into the past time of Roman glory…and infamy.
NASA Astronaut Training and Procedures: Behind the scenes look at what it takes to have “the right stuff,” from a NASA insider.
Aspects of American History: Just how well do we know our own past, really?
Wesley Reddish, Science
Astronomy and other topics including:
- A True Future Energy - A look at the reality of nuclear power, and dispelling the false fears associated with nuclear power.
- A Modern Faith - Finding a path that honors the Christian faith and acknowledges the scientific realities of the modern world.
- Leaving the Cradle - Stepping beyond Earth to become a space-faring society.