Community Events & Service Opportunities
Welcome to the Murray State College Community Service and Events page. MSC encourages employees and students to get involved in their communities. On this page you will find information about volunteer and community service opportunities in the surrounding areas.
To include an event or fundraiser, please call Jordyn Frazier at 580-387-7142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSC Arena Events
Johnston County Riding Club
Johnston County Riding Club is located in Tishomingo, OK.
We have play days, trail rides, roping, barrel racing, rodeos and more events for the community to enjoy.
We meet the first Tues. of the month. Contact: Desi Radd @ 371-9524
MSC Firing Range – Open to the Public
SCHEDULE - Cost: $4 entry fee
- Monday– TRAP—5-8 p.m.
- $5 per round– 25 shots per round
- Targets $2
- Wednesday– 5-8 p.m.
- Friday– 8-10 a.m.
- Saturday– 8 a,m. -2 p.m.
Single Membership: $40. Family Membership: $60
Call 580-371-1140 for more information.
Local Volunteer Opportunities
- Our Neighbor's Cupboard - 107 N. Neshoba, Tishomingo - They can always use extra hands to serve meals, unload food trucks and load food boxes for seniors. The contact is Amber Wooley at 580-219-0665.
- The Closet Ministry & Thrift Store - 204 W. Main Street, Tishomingo - They usually need help sorting donated items and with social media. The contact is Kim Jones at 580-371-6767.
- INCA Community Services - 202 S. Capitol, Tishomingo - They have meal boxes as well as the clothing bank that needs assistance. Contact is Shawna Latham at 580-371-2352, ext. 277 or email@example.com.
- Johnston County Chamber of Commerce - 504 W. Main Street, Tishomingo - They coordinate four major events quarterly and usually need assistance. The contact is 580-371-2175.
- City of Tishomingo and Tishomingo Parks & Recreation Committee - 1130 E. Main Street - The parks and dam are always in need of cleanup. The contact is Troy Golden at 580-371-2369.
- Tishomingo Development Team - Watch their Facebook page for events and volunteer opportunities. The contact is Cindy Matheny.
- Tishomingo Lions Club - Meets Wednesday at noon each week in the Aggie Dining Room. Watch their Facebook page for events and volunteer opportunities. The contact is Oma Dell Burns.
- Stevy's Run - Held the second Saturday in July. They usually need assistance with the route and handing out water. The contact is Gayla Cellum at 580-371-7433.