MSC Nursing Program
Traditional Admission Criteria
MSC Nursing Program Overview
Students are selected from eligible applicants according to a point system. Selection points are determined using the applicant’s ATI TEAS Admission Assessment score, ACT reading composite score or NexGen Accuplacer reading score, grades earned for coursework required for degree completion, and a few other considerations.
Applications and supporting documents will be accepted only during the application period and can be turned in to the Health Sciences Building Nursing Program Office Suite 100. Completed applications consisting of all requested documents must be received by the last day of the application period.
Traditional Nursing Student Application Process
Graduates of this program will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing from Murray State College and will be eligible to take The National Council Licensure Exam. Upon successfully passing this exam you will be a Registered Nurse (RN).
The MSC Nursing Program is highly competitive. To be considered, you'll need to meet these requirements:
- Achieve a minimum ACT reading composite score of 20 or achieve a 250 on the NexGen Accuplacer reading exam.
- A college retention GPA of 2.5 or a nursing prerequisite GPA of 3.0 is required for submission of a nursing program application.
- Each prerequisite course grade must have a grade of "C" or better.
- Applicants are required to have their ACT/Accuplacer Reading scores reviewed and their GPA calculated prior to taking the ATI Teas entrance exam.
- A minimum ATI Teas Exam score of 58.7% (preferred) on 1 of two attempts during each application cycle.
- Nursing application submitted to Murray State College Nursing Program.
- Application with a picture, score sheets, and transcripts must be in a packet submitted to the nursing program.
Taking the ATI TEAS
- To obtain a verification slip contact the Dean of Nursing, Malaika Horton at email@example.com or Nursing Administrative Assistant Azrah Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay $80.00 at the MSC business office and obtain a signature from the business office on the verification slip. (To pay by phone call (580) 387-7210 or visit the Business Services webpage for more information)
- Email the MSC Tishomingo Testing Center at email@example.com to make an appointment for testing.
- Report for testing with a valid photo ID and verification slip with appropriate signatures.
ATI TEAS Test Components
- The ATI TEAS measures essential basic skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
- The ATI TEAS consists of 170 questions, 209 minutes will be allowed for testing, and a drop-down calculator for use during testing.
- The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those that health science educators deem most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing.
- A minimum ATI Teas Exam score of 58.7% (Proficient) or higher is perferred on 1 of two attempts during each application cycle to be considered for admission into the nursing program.
- At least 2 weeks will be required between testing to allow adequate time for remediation.
- The ATI TEAS test score is good for 1 year from the test date.