Murray State College Nursing Program
Welcome to the Murray State College Registered Nursing (RN) program, approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN). Our comprehensive Associate Degree program is designed to prepare entry-level practitioners for a fulfilling career in healthcare. With convenient locations in Ardmore, Durant, and Tishomingo, our program offers flexibility to students. The curriculum spans 2 years, providing a thorough understanding of essential nursing concepts and the development of technical skills.
Moreover, we offer an Online Career Mobility Hybrid Program, tailored for LPN/LVN/Paramedics. This accelerated 12-month program is designed to support healthcare professionals in advancing their careers. Upon successful completion, graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination - Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
As a student in the RN program, you are not just a learner but a vital member of the healthcare team. Our emphasis is on providing patient-centered care and fostering your role as an advocate for patient safety. Join us at Murray State College and embark on a fulfilling journey towards becoming a Registered Nurse. For more information, contact our admissions office or apply online. Your education is our priority.
STEP 1: APPLY TO MURRAY STATE COLLEGE
STEP 2: MEET YOUR ADVISOR
Once all admission requirements are met, you will be notified by the Admissions Office of your acceptance to Murray State College. You will meet with your advisor and begin registering for general academic (non-nursing) courses if needed.
STEP 3: ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION
Learn more about the Registered Nursing
program here at Murray State College.
In the session you will learn more about what
it means to be an RN, the application process,
program expectation, and more.
Click HERE to register for an information session.
STEP 4: SCHEDULE YOUT TESTING
Schedule, register, and pay for your TEAS test at the ATI/TEAS testing site then with the Testing Center
Taking the ATI TEAS
- To obtain a verification slip contact the Dean of Nursing, Malaika Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nursing Administrative Assistant Azrah Pratt at email@example.com
- Pay $80.00 at the MSC business office and obtain a signature from the business office on the verification slip. (To pay by phone call (580) 387-7210 or visit the Business Services webpage for more information)
- Email the MSC Tishomingo Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the online scheduling link to make an appointment for testing.
- Report for testing with a valid photo ID and verification slip with appropriate signatures.
- Prospective students are only allowed 2 TEAS attempts per calendar year and each attempt must be at least 14 days apart.
Steps to register for the MSC Nursing Challenge Exam
- Request a Challenge Exam form available in the Health Sciences building Suite 100 or by email.
- The Challenge Exam fee is $225.00 and is to be paid to the MSC business office prior to the exam.
- The receipt of payment and challenge form will be presented at the time of testing.
- Students must present a valid photo ID to be admitted for testing.
- Students must have a current application submitted to MSC Registrar.
- Email the Malaika Horton Dean of Nursing to be placed on the list to take the challenge exam @ email@example.com
Include name, email, and phone number in the email request
Areas of Study
- Nursing Skills
- Pharmacology in Nursing
- Dosage Calculations in Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Maternal Newborn Nursing
- Adult Health Nursing
- In-patient Medical Surgical Nursing Care
- Critical Nursing Care
- Leadership in Nursing
- Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Cardiac Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergent Care nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Maternal Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Nurse Circulator
- Nurse Educator
- Pediatric Nursing
- School Nursing
- TRADITIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION AND TESTING INFORMATION
- CAREER MOBILITY ADMISSION AND TESTING INFORMATION
- DEGREE PLAN AND PROGRAM HANDBOOK
- STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT DATA
- NURSING APPLICATION
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 N Classen, Ste. 524 OKC, OK 73106
P: (405) 962-1800/ F: (405) 962-1821
November 2016 Full approval
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. "ACEN"
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326
P: (404) 975-5000/ F. (404) 975-5020
Full Accreditation Spring 2016
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400 Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504
P: (800) 621-7440 / (312) 263-0456/ F: (312) 263-7462
Status: Full Accreditation Spring 2014. Next Visit: Spring 2024
For more information contact:
Malaika Horton MSN, RN , Dean of Nursing - firstname.lastname@example.org - 580-387-7422
Azrah Pratt- Health Science Administrative Assistant - email@example.com
Janice Wallace-Career Mobility Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-387-7427