The Murray State College agriculture program offers an educational and practical foundation for students interested in working in various areas of agriculture. In addition to theoretical principles and skills, the program offers hands-on learning experiences and utilizes an actual working environment to promote what is taught in each course. The agriculture department offers multiple degree options including agriculture communications, agriculture education, animal science, biochemistry, molecular biology and plant science. Through a partnership with Oklahoma State University, students can also choose to complete a bachelor of science degree in agricultural leadership through OSU.
Benefits of pursuing agriculture at Murray State College
- 500+ acres of working farm and ranch land on campus
- Outdoor arena and horse stalls
- Livestock judging and showing teams
- Strong collegiate FFA program
- Bull and female cattle auctions
- Hands-on experience at Murray State College’s Clyde Kindell Farm