Concurrent Eligibility and Policy Information
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT, A HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR or SENIOR MUST:
- Have a minimum composite score of 19 on the ACT/PreACT, a 990 on the SAT/PreSAT, or have a high school non-weighted GPA of 3.0. ACT Composite super scores are not being used at this time.
- Qualify for applicable subject area placement using any one of the following measures:
- Minimum subject area subscore of 19 on the ACT/PreACT
- Minimum section subscore of 480 in EBRW for English and reading placement or 530 in math for math placement on the SAT/PreACT.
- Minimum Accuplacer score of 249 for reading placement, 263 for math placement, or 5 on the Writeplacer for English placement. Students may schedule to take the Accuplacer test at appointment.mscok.edu.
NOTE: High school students may not enroll in zero-level courses designed to remove high school curricular deficiencies.
- Be eligible to satisfy requirements for graduation from high school (including curricular requirements for college admission) no later than the spring of the senior year, as stated by the high school principal or counselor.
- Have a workload of no more than the equivalent of 19 credit hours in a regular semester (1/2 high school unit equals 3 college semester credit hours) or 6 courses. Tech school programs count at 9 credit hours. Non-academic high school units are excluded from the workload calculation. Excess hours must be approved by MSC using the Overload Petition Form.
- Have the signed permission of the parent/legal guardian and high school counselor or principal.
Homeschooled Student Eligibility
- Home schooled students and students from unaccredited high schools must have completed enough high school coursework to be equivalent to an individual who is classified as a junior or senior at an accredited high school.
- Must have participated in the ACT or SAT and meet admission and placement criteria using the national ACT or SAT exam scores.
For more information regarding Oklahoma State Policies on Concurrent Enrollment Eligibility please go to OKCOLLEGESTART.ORG.