DISTINGUISHED ALUM AND ATHLETE AWARD
These prestigious, annual awards honor a select few alumni who have become world-class ambassadors of the college and the Alumni Association. Recipients have achieved distinctive and notable accomplishments in one of three categories: Professional, Community Service, and Service to the College.
Distinguished alumni in this category are recognized within the following disciplines: Arts, Business & Professions, Education, and Science. Criteria for measuring achievement include:
- Recognized leadership qualities.
- Impact on and success in the field.
- Dedication to field (includes volunteerism, educational outreach, etc.)
- Recognition within the field and length of professional service.
- Degrees earned, publications, research, etc. within field (if applicable).
This category honors former students whose voluntary leadership, dedication, and contribution of time, effort, and enthusiasm improve the quality of life in their neighborhood, community, city, state, or nation. The accomplishments of a Community Service Distinguished Alumni are especially enduring in value because their work results from personal commitment rather than a desire for personal gain.
Alumni honored with these awards have a true devotion to a lasting love for the college as demonstrated through substantial contribution of time and resources.
Send nominations or inquires to:
- Persons making nominations must include an official nomination form, a formal letter of introduction, a detailed biographical history or résumé of no more than two pages, and a minimum of two letters of recommendation (from a former student other than the person making the nomination).
- Nominations must be received in the office of the Alumni Association no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 1.
- Nominations may be carried forward to the next year.
- All persons named as Distinguished Alumni must attend the award ceremony, the first Saturday in June.
- Awards may or may not be awarded in all categories each year.
- The Awards Committee members and their immediate families are not eligible.
Murray State College Alumni Association
One Murray Campus Tishomingo, Oklahoma 73460
Deadline for nominations is May 1.
Official Distinguished Alumni or Athletic Nomination Form