ADMISSION TO THE VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
In order to apply to the Veterinary Technology Program, all applicants must meet the MSC admission requirements as well as the following:
1. Enhanced National ACT composite score of 19 or above and sub-scores of 19 or above. Deficiency in sub-scores can be removed by taking appropriate courses.*
2. A GPA of at least 2.0 on all completed college course work with a grade of ‘C’ or higher in prerequisite classes.
The admission procedures are:
1. Submit a Murray State College application to the Registrar’s Office.(www.mscok.edu)
2. Submit to the Registrar’s Office all of the following and request a copy be sent to the Veterinary Technology Office.
a. Official National ACT score report, and
b. High school transcript or equivalent, and
c. College transcript (s), if applicable.
3. Submit a completed Veterinary Technology Application to the Veterinary Technology Office.
(Priority is given to complete applications received by March 15th)
4. Students accepted into the Program are required to attend the Veterinary Technology Orientation, which will be scheduled during the week prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
Veterinary Technology Program Admission Selection Procedure is as follows:
1. Only completed applications with all documents will be considered for acceptance.
2. Acceptance into the MSC Veterinary Technology Program is competitive. Applicants will be awarded points and ranked according to the admission point system. The Veterinary Technology Selection Committee will make the final determination regarding applicant ranking and total selection point calculations. Priority for acceptance is based on the applicants rank.
3. Applicants having identical selection point totals will be ranked according to individual GPA, ACT and Science course grades.
4. Qualified applicants who have not been selected for admission into the Fall class may be placed on an alternate list.
Application for Murray State College
Application for Veterinary Technology
Cost of Program
Veterinary Technology scholarships available:
Murray State College Veterinary Technology Alumni Scholarship
Oklahoma Veterinary Technician Association Scholarship
Oklahoma Veterinary Medical Foundation Scholarship