Murray State College
Gunsmithing Program AAS Degree
The first Gunsmithing Program began in 1979 at Murray State College.
MSC Gunsmithing Degree is a 2 year
program that teaches all aspects of building and repairing firearms.
The Gunsmithing program students are selected by the Gunsmithing Department Committee. All students must complete at least 46 credit hours of Gunsmithing courses plus the General Education required courses to graduate with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Gunsmithing.
You can request a copy of the Gunsmithing information and application packet by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office at 580-387-7480.
Applications are accepted year round. Applications after February 12, 2019
will be considered for the following school year.
Each freshman class begins in the fall semester of each year.
You are welcome to visit the campus anytime and drop by the Courtney Engineering Building to tour the Gunsmithing Department,
or Contact the MSC Outreach office to schedule a campus tour at 580-387-7138.
- MSC Online Application for Admission to be accepted to the college
- Gunsmithing Application
- Authorized Release of Information form
- Release form is required for Background check
- Cover letter with Short Biography, Employment History (See candidate checklist for instructions)
- All School & College Transcripts
- Submit a copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable) (must be discharged from active duty by start of fall semester)
- Attend an In Person Interview
- All files must be completed before an interview can be scheduled
- Applications will be accepted year round but if the application comes in after February 3, 2018 the application will be consider for the following school year.
Limit of 20 to 30 students are
accepted every March.
Applicants interviewed will receive a letter from the Gunsmithing Department regarding their status into the program.
Please Contact the MSC Gunsmithing Department at 580-387-7480 for application package or email us at email@example.com
MSC Gunsmithing Department:
Office Hours – 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday, Fridays 8:00am-12:00pm
GS Program Director/GS Instructor: John Bohon: firstname.lastname@example.org
GS Instructor/NRA Coordinator: Chad Mercer - email@example.com
GS Instructor: Robert Webb: firstname.lastname@example.org
GS Instructor: John Tremblay: email@example.com
GS Instructor: Steven Epple, firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Office Assistant: Sandi Hopson, email@example.com
Murray State College
One Murray Campus
Tishomingo, OK 73460
Facebook Page: Murray State College Gunsmithing